- Recognize the dangers associated with a catastrophic release of highly hazardous chemicals
- Recall the purpose of Process Safety Management
- Identify the possible causes of hazardous chemical releases
- Identify Process Safety Management Program components
The goal of the lesson is make employees aware of the primary objective of process safety management: to prevent unwanted releases of highly hazardous chemicals into locations that expose employees and others to serious hazards, and to provide an overview of the standards and best practices necessary to achieve that objective.
According to the U.S, Chemical Safety Board, over 10,000 American workers are harmed by incidents involving chemicals each year.
Process safety management is a comprehensive approach to prevent chemical releases. An effective process safety management program includes an evaluation of the whole process including design and technology, and other elements that might impact the process. Chemical safety starts with a thorough examination of work operations to identify and control risk and potential hazards related to handling of chemicals.
Process safety management increases safety for the workforce. Now, small businesses with limited resources might use other ways to decrease the risks associated with hazardous chemicals in the workplace, but development of a process safety management program is the operating standard. An effective process safety management program requires employers to compile a written process information resource. This information enables workers to identify and understand the hazards posed by processes that involve highly hazardous chemicals.
Not all training is equal. With SafetyNow, learners and leaders will notice the difference in value:
- Quality: Professionally-researched and designed using the latest mobile and responsive technologies
- Convenience: Works instantly on any device, desktop or mobile
- Time savings: What learners need to know, not extra fluff or legalese
- Reporting: Consistent, instant compliance records available anytime
- Support: Customer and learner support included at no charge
- Any Learning Management System (LMS) Use with any SCORM, AICC, xAPI, TinCan, HTML5, or other LMS (learning management system).
- Any Device Desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone – it simply works, everywhere.
- Engaging Professionally-developed, including an on-screen host and modern, easy-to-understand text, media, and voiceovers.
- Unlimited Attempts Each module can be taken as many times as required to get a passing grade. Unlike our competitor’s courses, if you get an answer wrong, you are redirected to the exact eLearning segment you struggled with… you don’t need to go through the entire module again, just the one part you need a refresher on.
There are no reviews yet.