Imagine spilling a caustic chemical on your hand, breathing in gas fumes, having sawdust fly into your eye, and dropping a load of bricks on your toe. Think about losing your eyesight, contracting lung cancer, burning your skin, and losing feeling in your feet. All of these hazards and effects are a reality across industries, which is why personal protective equipment (PPE) is so important. PPE protects the body from both debilitating and often fatal injuries.
The aim of this course is prove to you the importance of PPE and to teach you how to use and implement PPE in your workplace. We will cover general types and functions of PPE for the general workplace. If you are curious about specific types of PPE for your workplace, perhaps respiratory PPE, please view our specific PPE courses.
Even after we agree on PPE saving lives, sometimes it is unclear about what types are needed for your workplace, and what types you should have. There are government regulations for workplaces on this matter, and this course will also teach about these standards. The deciding factors on what PPE a workplace needs are dependent on the hazards present. Is your workplace a construction site? Then you will likely need steel-toed boots, a hardhat, glasses and/or goggles, and gloves. Is your workplace a manufacturing plant? Then you likely need respiratory protection, glasses, gloves, and possibly coveralls. The hazards of your workplace will indicate the type of PPE that is needed, in addition to the ones required by law. Employee safety is absolutely necessary for a business, and PPE is the best way to guarantee that.
As we progress through the course, we will teach about general worker and employer responsibilities around PPE. There are exceptions, but typically employers must supply all PPE necessary for the job. On the other hand, we will also focus on teaching the importance of workers wearing their PPE. It is crucial for employees to protect themselves in the work environment for their long term lives.
Not all training is equal. With SafetyNow, learners and leaders will notice the difference in value:
- Quality: Professionally-researched and designed using the latest mobile and responsive technologies
- Convenience: Works instantly on any device, desktop or mobile
- Time savings: What learners need to know, not extra fluff or legalese
- Reporting: Consistent, instant compliance records available anytime
- Support: Customer and learner support included at no charge
- Learning about PPE
- Appreciating the value of PPE
- Acknowledging common workplace hazards related to PPE
- Learning about the common types of PPE
- Observing the basic characteristics of PPE
- Recognizing the general worker and employer responsibilities regarding PPE
- Any Learning Management System (LMS) Use with any SCORM, AICC, xAPI, TinCan, HTML5, or other LMS (learning management system).
- Any Device Desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone – it simply works, everywhere.
- Engaging Professionally-developed, including an on-screen host and modern, easy-to-understand text, media, and voiceovers.
- Unlimited Attempts Each module can be taken as many times as required to get a passing grade. Unlike our competitor’s courses, if you get an answer wrong, you are redirected to the exact eLearning segment you struggled with… you don’t need to go through the entire module again, just the one part you need a refresher on.
There are no reviews yet.