- Describe the importance of safety in the workplace.
- Identify the benefits of an established culture of safety.
- Identify the risks that a culture of safety can reduce or eliminate.
- Identify the employee’s role in promoting a culture of safety.
AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH
This lesson describes the importance of safety in the workplace and the employee’s role in maintaining a safe workplace.
According to the National Federation of Independent Businesses defines ideal safety accountability as the following:
- Ideal accountability
- Companies that strive for optimal safety performance display the highest level of organizational safety accountability
In these companies, everyone understands that they are accountable for safety. The newest, entry-level employee has the same commitment to excellence as management. These companies have strategically thought out how they will get employees involved in their safety programs. By using a behavior or value-based safety approach, these companies have broken down the barriers that prevented them from achieving an integrated safety accountability system in which employees take ownership of their daily activities. These companies usually see additional payoffs in terms of quality and production, which often accompany low and stable incidence rates.
- Safety accountability is assigned to all levels
- Behavior-based safety creates ownership of the safety process
- Incidence rates less than industry average
- Payoff in quality, production, and incidence rates
Not all training is equal. With SafetyNow, learners and leaders will notice the difference in value:
- Quality: Professionally-researched and designed using the latest mobile and responsive technologies
- Convenience: Works instantly on any device, desktop or mobile
- Time savings: What learners need to know, not extra fluff or legalese
- Reporting: Consistent, instant compliance records available anytime
- Support: Customer and learner support included at no charge
- Any Learning Management System (LMS) Use with any SCORM, AICC, xAPI, TinCan, HTML5, or other LMS (learning management system).
- Any Device Desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone – it simply works, everywhere.
- Engaging Professionally-developed, including an on-screen host and modern, easy-to-understand text, media, and voiceovers.
- Unlimited Attempts Each module can be taken as many times as required to get a passing grade. Unlike our competitor’s courses, if you get an answer wrong, you are redirected to the exact eLearning segment you struggled with… you don’t need to go through the entire module again, just the one part you need a refresher on.