- Explain why it is important to accurately identify a hazardous material that will be shipped in commerce.
- Describe how to use the Hazardous Materials Table and its appendices to identify a hazardous material.
- Explain how to use the Hazardous Materials List, Precedence of Hazard List, and Precedence of Hazard Table to determine which hazard classification takes precedence when a material contains more than one hazard.
When on the road, job, and everywhere in-between, identifying hazardous materials and knowing exactly how to handle them is one of the most important tasks a worker must know.
Because of the importance of identifying these hazardous materials properly, the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) requires all workers that handle these materials to take safety training in order to help protect themselves as well as others around them.
DOT Hazardous Materials General Awareness consists of five lessons; the goal of this library is to offer the required DOT training that will help protect lives in high risk work environments, particularly those that involve transporting hazardous materials. This lesson covers the identification of hazardous materials.
Not all training is equal. With SafetyNow, learners and leaders will notice the difference in value:
- Quality: Professionally-researched and designed using the latest mobile and responsive technologies
- Convenience: Works instantly on any device, desktop or mobile
- Time savings: What learners need to know, not extra fluff or legalese
- Reporting: Consistent, instant compliance records available anytime
- Support: Customer and learner support included at no charge
- Any Learning Management System (LMS) Use with any SCORM, AICC, xAPI, TinCan, HTML5, or other LMS (learning management system).
- Any Device Desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone – it simply works, everywhere.
- Engaging Professionally-developed, including an on-screen host and modern, easy-to-understand text, media, and voiceovers.
- Unlimited Attempts Each module can be taken as many times as required to get a passing grade. Unlike our competitor’s courses, if you get an answer wrong, you are redirected to the exact eLearning segment you struggled with… you don’t need to go through the entire module again, just the one part you need a refresher on.
There are no reviews yet.