- Identify characteristics and examples of a confined space
- Identify the potential hazards of a permit required confined space
- Identify the hazard controls that must be implemented prior to entering a permit required confined space
The goal of this lesson is to educate general industry employees who enter, supervise entry or attend the entry of a confined space about the practices and procedures necessary to protect employees from the hazards of permit-required confined spaces.
On May 4, 2015, OSHA issued a new standard for construction work in confined spaces, which became effective August 3, 2015. Confined spaces can present physical and atmospheric hazards that can be avoided if they are recognized and addressed prior to entering these spaces to perform work. The new standard, Subpart AA of 29 CFR 1926 will help prevent construction workers from being hurt or killed by eliminating and isolating hazards in confined spaces at construction sites similar to the way workers in other industries are already protected. The questions and answers below are provided to assist employers in protecting their workers while working in and around confined spaces in construction.”
A permit-required confined space is an area which:
- Contains or has the potential to contain a hazardous atmosphere
- Contains a material with the potential to engulf someone who enters the space
- Has an internal configuration that might cause an entrant to be trapped or asphyxiated
- Contains any other recognized serious safety or health hazards
Your company’s Permit-required Confined Space Entry Program is its overall policy and plan for protecting you and other employees and contractors against confined space hazards, and for regulating entry into its permit-required spaces. Before you may enter a permit space, your supervisor and/or the attendant must take any measures necessary to isolate the permit space and eliminate or control hazards. These measures include lockout or tagging of equipment to ensure that it does not present a hazard.
Not all training is equal. With SafetyNow, learners and leaders will notice the difference in value:
- Quality: Professionally-researched and designed using the latest mobile and responsive technologies
- Convenience: Works instantly on any device, desktop or mobile
- Time savings: What learners need to know, not extra fluff or legalese
- Reporting: Consistent, instant compliance records available anytime
- Support: Customer and learner support included at no charge
- Any Learning Management System (LMS) Use with any SCORM, AICC, xAPI, TinCan, HTML5, or other LMS (learning management system).
- Any Device Desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone – it simply works, everywhere.
- Engaging Professionally-developed, including an on-screen host and modern, easy-to-understand text, media, and voiceovers.
- Unlimited Attempts Each module can be taken as many times as required to get a passing grade. Unlike our competitor’s courses, if you get an answer wrong, you are redirected to the exact eLearning segment you struggled with… you don’t need to go through the entire module again, just the one part you need a refresher on.
There are no reviews yet.